How parents cause sibling rivalry .

 Hi readers 😍 

It's another weekend again, hope we're enjoying it? mine started with house chores and cooking, I prepared semo for the house this morning but the semo wanted to disgrace me πŸ™† a whole me that would soon go to my husband's house. Anyways to the glory of God we ate it like that because it's not me that would prepare another one.

Next week would make it 3months that we started this journey and it's been wonderful interacting with you guys, you guys kept me going even when i wanted to stop writing . I've been getting so many beautiful reviews from my readers and some even brings me to tears .I love you all.

Now to the order of the day ,someone suggested I make my write-ups a little bit lengthier so if this is longer than the usual pls enjoy with me .  

Some years back...i, my younger sister,and my mother were walking somewhere and all of a sudden my mother noticed I wasn't wearing earrings and my sister was wearing , she asked me why I wasn't putting on earrings and I said I didn't like it then she told me "don't you want to be fine like your sister?you don't know not putting on earrings will make you ugly"? I didn't even know what to respond with . There are instances where my mother would tell me my younger sister is more beautiful than me and in my head I'll be like it's not like we're having a competition to see who is finer so why create one . The younger me does not even care if i'm fine or not , dressed well or not ,wear earrings or not(I don't even like earrings) all I just wanted to do was 'carry' first in my class ,wear panties up and down the street,eat and walk barefooted lol.

Imagine if I cared about the fact that my younger sister was more beautiful than me and I have my mother to remind me every 5minutes, firstly I'd want to do everything possible to be finer than my sister which will lead to me resenting and finally hating her. The most recent one is during this election break, I was washing clothes and my mother just came and said won't i wash my sister's clothes ? I said no , and the next thing she said was I'm not a good leader (wtf) how does it even relate 🀷‍♀️ I was flabbergasted (let me use big grammar today). Just because I don't want to wash my sister's clothes makes me a bad leader 😭 God abeg ,I don't even want to lead , let me be a bad leader in peace πŸ˜‚ I didn't say anything and I didn't wash the clothes either . Then there was a day my sister was supposed to do something for my younger brother but she refused , I told my mother to look at her good leader( e reach good leader turn she no say anything). These are just some few instances in which my mother consciously or unconsciously had instigated rivalry.

There is no home that the parents don't have a favorite child even if it isn't obvious, you'll still get subtle hints from your parents .Some parents might not even know the consequences of some of their actions or word but as they say "To every action,there's always a reaction" . Some children might not have the I don't care attitude that I have towards this things and they subconsciously start to compete with their siblings ,they try their possible best to make their parents like them the way they like their favorite child and if it doesn't work out ,the subconscious competition becomes full blown hatred.

I thank God for this generation because we now have different tools for parenting( books, seminars, teachings, Internet and so many others ) that won't allow us make the same mistakes our parents did. Every child should be loved the same way , if you know you don't have the capability to love a child then don't bring it to this world . I don't mean to make my mother look bad in this write-up but I have to make my point known.

I hope you all learned a thing 

P.S. pls I need more reads for this blog so I need you guys to help me share the link as much as you can.Thank you .

❤πŸ’‘πŸ˜˜

Comments

  1. Well said πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom does something like this too with my brother when he comes home for the holidays. It actually started in 2021 when he came for Christmas, she’d always yell at me for no reason about why I’m talking to my brother a certain way (like calling him an idiot or something; normal siblings stuff yunno) when everyone knows how siblings speak to each other normally. I was so angry and I made her know how she made me feel, or rather, making me feel because it wasn’t just once. She apologized o but it’s as if the next day she just forgot every single thing I said to her and she carried on with the unnecessary yelling. Now when he comes home I just avoid the both of them. I can’t shout biko I get headaches easily abeg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I do most times at home any situation that I can avoid ,I do, and if I can't I'll be diplomatic about it

      Delete
  3. I am my mom's favorite and I have noticed, I enjoy all these privileges mentioned up there and sometimes pity my siblings when I'm being used to compare themπŸ˜„but what can a local man doπŸ˜„

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the privileges are hard not to enjoy but you you shouldn't allow that stop you from standing up for your siblings sometimes. since you're the favorite ,your parents might take your words better than that of your siblings

      Delete
  4. I think I’m my dad’s favourite child but definitely not my mumπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so I understand to some extent
    My mum can be so hard on me but when it comes to my junior siblings she go easy on them😌 well I’m used to it.
    Let me enjoy that of my DadπŸ˜‚ but I always try to talk to my dad to calm down as the first child when he’s being too hard on my siblings especially my immediate brother😌 and I’m just glad my opinion counts in that houseπŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pls enjoy your dad's attention ,at least you are a favorite to one parent

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DISAPPOINTMENT???

The boring date 2

Meeting my soulmate